Winch is a stationary motor-driven or hand-powered machine that is used for hoisting or hauling, having a drum around which is wound a rope or chain attached to the load being moved. A hydraulic winch is driven by a hydraulic pump, the fluid pressure coming from a hydraulic Power Pack driven by the main engine or electrical motor.
Hydraulically operated winch is ideal for all types of specialized transport from low-bed operations to wrecker’s equipment and can be set up to operate either singly or in combinations. They are reliable, rugged and built to last with user friendly simple lever operated controls. They are an excellent addition to crawlers, skidders and all-terrain vehicles. The stationary usage is also possible. The hydraulic winches can also be clutch-operated that makes for an easier and safer usage.
Hydropower offers a line of Hydraulic Instrument Winches. These range in size from 2 to 5 HP. All of our hydraulic winches offer the following features:
- Separate winch and HPU units allows HPU to be used for other purposes, if required
- Variable speed control
- Focal slip rings
- Powder-coated finish
- Stainless steel fasteners
- Accept steel, stainless steel and synthetic fiber mechanical and E-M cable types
- Fully factory tested and ready to run
Electro-hydraulic instrument winches are used for numerous applications including on-station deployment of various payloads including CTDs, free-fall profiling, towing of side scan sonar, magnetometers, plankton nets and others.
- Steel fabricated cable drum and winch base for maximum rigidity
- High efficiency planetary gear drive modules for optimum performance
- Multi-Disc, wet, friction brake for dependable holding
- High capacity sprig clutch for reliability
- Gearing and brake unit are located outside the cable drum for versatility
- Brake valve is the industry's most stable for controlled dynamic braking
- Cable drum supported on roller bearings
- Wide range of motors and mounts to suit specific application